Hi all. I'm waiting for the butternut squash to thicken (for butternut squash ravioli), so I figured I'd make a post.
So, let's rewind to last friday. We decided not to go that night to the Grand Canyon because people got off work late. Instead we saw Star Wars III, which was better than the first two, but still left something to be desired.
On Saturday, it became evident that Ryan and I had worked our magic on our fellow co-worker, as she spent 3 hours in Tempe Camera looking at cameras. When she left the building, she had a Canon Rebel digital SLR in hand, along with a telephoto lens, and numerous other goodies. Needless to say, we didn't leave at 10am as we had planned.
After concerted efforts to get a car charger, so that we could charge the batteries for the camera, we finally made it out of the city by 4pm. We made it to the Grand Canyon just before sunset, and found a good spot perhaps 20 minutes before the main event.
Ok, dinner is done, and I've maybe had a glass or two (or four) of wine. Dinner turned out pretty well. I'm definitely going to make that again.
So we took many picture of the sunset at the canyon. Most of mine did not turn out. I was fiddling too much with exposure, and either under or overexposed. :( We came back after midnight and took some night shots, and some of those were pretty cool. Unfortunately, most have purple fringing, but at least now I know how to get rid of that problem.
The next day we got some pictures of the canyon in the morning (again, most of mine didn't come out well), and then we drove home via Sedona. Sedona is quite gorgeous. It's surrounded by deep red rock, and we got there around sunset, so we took some pictures (of course!).
What else... hmm... that's about it. I'll see if there's any pics to post.
Oh, I go home tomorrow! It's bittersweet, for sure. I've had a great time here with Ryan, but I miss Carolyn a lot, so I'm definitely looking forward to the weekend. T-22 hours until I get home...
EDIT: Just read over this post... I realized I should thank Ryan for helping out with dinner. He made an awesome sauce to go over the ravioli. And he helped knead the dough... you just can't keep that guy out of the kitchen!



2 comments:
He comes by it very honestly.... he was always in the kitchen helping out and that is why he is such a great cook. He says that you have to cook from the heart. And that's the truth.
He comes from a long line of cooks that really don't use a recipe for things we just know what to put in it. It is a gift. But don't ask for the same thing twice.
Yeah, the first batch of the sauce was turning out wonderful...but then the pasta wasn't done in time. Needless to say the first round got a little *too* caramelized and I decided to start over. The second round was alright, but nothing like the first was turning out.
Note, when making a caramelized sauce do it at the very last minute since once it cools just a little it won't go back the way it was before.
Post a Comment