In less than 9 hours, Carolyn will be flying westward to Vancouver, and ultimately to Hong Kong, on her two-week business trip. The final destination is some city in southern China... I don't recall the name. The packing is done, and now for some sleep before the limo arrives at 6am. Fortunately she'll have plenty of time to sleep during the 20-some-odd hours it takes to get there. Now I've got to figure out how to feed myself... any ideas?
In other news, I'll be going to Arizona for a month, in March. And this time, Carolyn will be visiting, so she'll finally get to see the mother of all canyons, la Canyon Grande. I'm still not convinced that the mule rides are such a great idea.
Anyway, here's wishing Carolyn a safe flight, and I hope the six-star hotel in HK doesn't spoil her too much. ;)



3 comments:
Don't take the mule train. A friend of mine went on it in November and the mule acted out and tossed a 68 year old woman down the switch-back area. She was able to be air-lifted out with a broken up face and lots of abrasions. Bev shot off her mule to help out and then had a hell of a time climbing back to the mules. You have to wear smooth soled shoes for the benefit of the stirups. No one on the train got back on mules for the rest of the trip up to the rim.
I suggest you eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Eat at least one serving of grains and meats per day. Drink lots of water.
Arby's is a great source of nutrition.
The mule ride sounds less appealing now. Perhaps we'll just take pictures of them instead.
And thanks Adam for the advice. If anyone knows how to stay fit, it must be you.
Post a Comment