Weekend update

I played soccer on Friday for the first time in a very long time (and probably for the third time ever). It was cold and blustery day, and the squad was tired and disheartened... but we played anyway... "the game must go on", they said. So we gritted our teeth and stood our ground on the dampened field that day. The threatening clouds and biting wind weren't going to scare us away.

Anyhoo, I played about 20 minutes on defense, and I didn't screw up very much so I was quite pleased. Unfortunately I injured my thigh, so I couldn't play the rest of the game... actually, I didn't so much as injure my thigh, and aggravate a pre-existing injury that I had sustained while tying my shoe that week. Needless to say, I haven't been very active over the last 10 years, and it shows.

After the game we (Carolyn and I) scrambled home for some last-minute tidying before her birthday party. The party went well, and everyone was impressed with our apartment. I will post pictures soon, because we are getting closer to having everything unpacked.

On Saturday we went to IKEA and bought yet more shelves. Damn those Swedes and their affordable furniture. In the evening we went to the Three Kretans, a Greek restaurant, with Carolyn's family. I highly recommend the restaurant to those in the KW-area.

But the BEST part of the weekend was that on Friday I was able to rid myself of that evil 24x7 support pager I had been carrying for the previous week. I do not look forward to seeing it again, though I will have it for two weeks in July and once again in August. *sigh*

Oh, and I should be going to Arizona next week. This time I mean it. Seriously. I think.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Injured your thigh tying your shoe? Oh, did anyone ever call you when you were on support?

George said...

Shoe tying is a dangerous activity! Always stretch before tying!

And yes, I did get a call on Monday night. But when they started talking about a cruise offer, I realized it wasn't actually a support call. :p